- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup pecans, walnuts, or almonds
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- In separate bowl, combine buttermilk and soda.
- Combine flour and spices.
- Add ﬂour alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with ﬂour.
- Stir in apple butter and nuts. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf.
Option: Can also bake this batter as mufﬁns. Adjust cooking time - make visual check
after 30 minutes and test with toothpick.