This delicious dessert is high in calcium, protein and fiber.
- 3 sheets graham crackers, crushed
- ¾ cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter directly in 9-inch pie pan. Add remaining crust ingredients
- to melted butter in pie pan. Combine and press evenly in bottom and up the sides
- of pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt, nonfat or low fat, divided and slightly softened
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- fresh apple slices for garnish, dipped in lemon-water (water with a squeeze of lemon)
- Combine applesauce, orange juice concentrate and coriander, and mix thoroughly.
- Spread 1/3 of frozen yogurt evenly in prepared crust. Combine applesauce mixture and
- next third of yogurt and spread evenly over first layer of frozen yogurt. Top with
- remaining third of frozen yogurt and spread evenly. Top with 1 tablespoon sliced
- almonds. Freeze until firm; best served the day it is prepared, garnished with apple
- slices. Makes 8 servings.