Reports to Bakery/VAP Manager.
Assists in production of apple pies, turnovers, donuts and other bakery items including apple slices. Assists in stocking the Farm Market with apple pies, turnovers, donuts and other value-added/homemade seasonal food items.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Bakes, cooks and/or processes under manager’s supervision.
• Performs prep work tasks under the manager’s supervision.
• Assists in preparing all bakery items for shipping.
• Assists with apple slicing and clean up.
• Assists with preparation, as required to, of Value-Added items including donuts, pies and turnovers
• Mixes ingredients and bakery products according to company recipes.
• Ensures all areas of the work space are kept organized, sanitized and clean including restrooms.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by Bakery Manager
• Observes Health & Safety regulations, promptly reporting any Health & Safety issues to Bakery Manager and/or Office Manager/HR Manager and completing all required Food Safety records as required for certifications.
Education and Experience requirements
The position requires an individual who has a passion for cooking/baking. Food production experience is preferred.
The individual must be able to stand for long periods of time; be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stack and maneuver objects; and must tolerate working around large cooking appliances.
The individual must demonstrate the following skills: Excellent leadership ability; high level of analytical and problem solving skills; excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills; excellent time management and stress management abilities.
The individual shall possess the character qualities of being honest, trustworthy, respectful, and have sound work ethics.
Sunday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – until orders fulfilled
This position reports directly to the Orchard Operations Manager.
Key areas of responsibility include keeping our fleet of trucks, orchard vehicles and farm & processing equipment in working condition.
Performing maintenance and repair of all types of motor vehicles and special equipment in Orchard fleet.
Diagnosing, maintaining and repairing all company associated equipment, including fork lifts, tractors and tools, etc.
Interfacing with vehicle users regarding repairs, questions, etc.
Arranging for, and maintaining, all required certificates and/or licenses.
You know trucks, cars, trailers and engines like the back of your hand, and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work for the Champlain Orchards’ Team.
You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You take pride in a job well done because you know doing a good job matters!
3-5 or more years’ experience as a mechanic or other relevant experience.
CDL License or permit is desirable
Valid state driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. some weekend work and unscheduled shifts based on the needs of the Orchard.
Please apply to email@example.com and attach your current, relevant Resume, 3 professional references, and a cover letter.