- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 cups shredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 large McIntosh apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced (1 1⁄3 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl until smooth. Stir in basil. Set aside.
- Cut trimmed carrots and asparagus into thin ribbonlike strips using a vegetable peeler; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, apple, scallions, and oil-vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.