WE ARE HIRING!
Champlain Orchards is currently looking for full-time, year-round packers who will ensure apples and specialty fruit are packed and ready for shipment to our customers.
This is a 5 days/week job which entails frequent lifting of 40 lb. cases.
We are seeking applicants who enjoy production work, have a strong work ethic and appreciate local food/agriculture.
To apply send your resume and 3 professional references to:
Hard cider and Orchard products
Must be a Massachusetts Resident in order to be considered.
Primarily Boston-area sales representative. Works semi-autonomously to develop new accounts and maintain current accounts in Massachusetts, with a focus on increasing product placements and brand visibility in key market segments.
Hiring full-time with earliest start date of September 20th ,2017.
- Spearhead hard cidery and orchard sales by product line and sales channel
- Call on existing and target accounts in Massachusetts
- Develop new territories in Massachusetts, focusing on the Boston-area markets
- Collaborate with marketing manager on marketing support, including pricing, programming, and point of sales materials, and on special events and promotions
- Work with orchard staff and distributor sales teams to monitor and meet sales targets
- Audit retail stores and on-premise placements, identify trends, and initiate corrective action
- Communicate the voice of the customer to the orchard, monitor competitors' activities, and proactively identify opportunities
- Represent the orchard at special events for trade groups and consumers, from bar tastings to festivals
- Maintain professional network and knowledge of products and market place changes
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Massachusetts proof of residency
- Valid driver's license and registered and insured vehicle
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of craft hard cider and alcohol industry. Familiarity with orchard products preferred.
- Two years related sales experience
- Availability and interest in significant travel
- Passion for local food movements and sustainable agriculture
- Strong Massachusetts network/relationships
- Food service/agriculture industry experience a plus
- Self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
To apply enclose Resume, a cover letter and 3 professional references:
Champlain Orchards Inc. in Shoreham, Vermont is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager. This position reports directly to the owner of Champlain Orchards and will work closely with senior management. The HR Manager will recruit, supervise, and manage all staff.
Key areas of responsibility include human resources and compliance with Federal, State and local regulation.
- Manage recruitment, hiring, training, and supervision of all employees
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with employment-related laws and regulations (state & federal) with respect to US and migrant labor forces
- Ensure H2A visa program is properly maintained and all deadlines are met
- Oversee employee payroll and review entries in QuickBooks
- Manage staff scheduling, time-off requests, and performance reviews
- Serve as a resource for managers in handling employee issues and assist them in counseling employees and problem solving
- Oversee employee incentive & recognition programs; plan and organize company-wide staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in human resources, legal compliance, corporate taxes/regulation required
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and a high level of organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A highly-motivated team leader with a strong work ethic and sense of integrity
- Advanced IT/computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Finance an advantage
- Excellent time management and stress management abilities
Please apply by sending:
- Current, relevant resume
- 3 professional references
- Cover letter
Applications without all 3 elements will not be considered. Thank you!