we are seeking a FT seasonal farm market manager July 1st thru nov 31st
Overseeing daily operations of the Farm Market, Pick Your Own (PYO) and conducting tasting sessions. Assisting with planning and implementing on-site events. Most weekends are required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Train and supervise the staff working under the Manager’s supervision.
· Create a work schedule for staff under the Manager’s supervision. This would include Farm Market, PYO, event, and staffing of on-site events.
· Oversee the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for the market, PYO, and event planning.
· Ensure company standards for food safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
· Ensure that all federal, state, and company regulations and standards for product freshness, food safety, weights and measures, store safety, employee safety, refrigeration, and sanitation are met.
· Ensure the Farm Market is kept organized and clean.
· Manage Farm Market inventory. Keep all items stocked with the displays full and interesting and oriented to sales.
· Communicate with local food/product vendors to purchase items for resale and use in the market.
· Manage money handling- cash in, cash out procedures, all record keeping using Quickbooks Point of Sale.
· Maintain signage for POS and PYO. They will need to be clear, accurate, educational, and timely.
· Ensure product sampling is available and inviting.
· Create opportunities for customers to purchase products with promotional specials.
· Create recipe cards using products customers can purchase in the market.
· Handle all market communication via telephone and emails.
· Assist with planning and implementing on-site events, such as: Ciderfest, Harvest Festival, music concerts, and tour de farm events and off-season events which will bring customers to the orchard.
· Coordinate orchard tours.
· Maintain the beauty of the landscaping around the market.
· As needed, help with making and packaging cider donuts.
• Maintain and submit weekly reports to the Owners.
· Attend weekly meetings with the Owners Andrea Scott, and staff under Manager’s supervision.
Education and Experience requirements
The position requires an individual have 2-3 years' experience in retail sales, event planning, community building and marketing activities.
The individual must demonstrate the following skills: Excellent leadership ability; excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills; excellent time management and stress management abilities.
The individual should have personal confidence and the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people.
The individual shall possess the character qualities of being honest, trustworthy, respectful, and have sound work ethics.
If you want to be a part of a great team, have a strong work ethic and appreciate local food & agriculture, we would love to hear from you!