WE ARE HIRING!
Hard cider and Orchard products
Must be a Massachusetts Resident in order to be considered.
Primarily Boston-area sales representative. Works semi-autonomously to develop new accounts and maintain current accounts in Massachusetts, with a focus on increasing product placements and brand visibility in key market segments.
Hiring full-time with earliest start date of September 20th ,2017.
- Spearhead hard cidery and orchard sales by product line and sales channel
- Call on existing and target accounts in Massachusetts
- Develop new territories in Massachusetts, focusing on the Boston-area markets
- Collaborate with marketing manager on marketing support, including pricing, programming, and point of sales materials, and on special events and promotions
- Work with orchard staff and distributor sales teams to monitor and meet sales targets
- Audit retail stores and on-premise placements, identify trends, and initiate corrective action
- Communicate the voice of the customer to the orchard, monitor competitors' activities, and proactively identify opportunities
- Represent the orchard at special events for trade groups and consumers, from bar tastings to festivals
- Maintain professional network and knowledge of products and market place changes
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Massachusetts proof of residency
- Valid driver's license and registered and insured vehicle
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of craft hard cider and alcohol industry. Familiarity with orchard products preferred.
- Two years related sales experience
- Availability and interest in significant travel
- Passion for local food movements and sustainable agriculture
- Strong Massachusetts network/relationships
- Food service/agriculture industry experience a plus
- Self-motivated and comfortable working remotely
To apply enclose Resume, a cover letter and 3 professional references:
SHIPPING DEPARTMENT LOADER
Champlain Orchards Inc. in Shoreham, Vermont is seeking a full-time staff member who will be responsible for ensuring trucks are loaded properly for delivery.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Loading product onto trucks
Exterior and interior truck washing
Cooler maintenance: rotate product, sweeping and cleaning and scheduling of maintenance.
Food Safety: daily recording of cooler temperatures, checking, clearing and setting mouse traps
Equipment maintenance: forklift and pallet jack maintenance and charging
General Production Facility: storing of pallets, sorting of recycling, trash out, exterior inspection, cleaning and scheduling of necessary maintenance
Receiving: general receiving duties, moving/storing all production supplies, production supply inventory
- Ability to frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Possession of CDL desirable as is previous shipping experience
Please send a letter of interest, Resume and three professional references to: